Whether for offices or for retail, fit out is subject to any number of complex regulations (employment law, health and safety, fire safety, technical standards, public access regulations, high rise buildings regulations, etc.). All of these must be taken into account if a real estate project is to deliver on the operational brief while aligning with a company’s brand equity. Accordingly, risk management of costs and schedule is essential.
CBRE Design & Project’s methodology to deliver advantage to its client relies on 5 steps:
- Gathering of all the key project information: requirements, ambitions, scheduling constraints, target budget
- Analysis of all regulatory, technical, performance and environmental constraints affecting the site or specific to the company's business
- Preparation of detailed project plans, incorporating all design, technical, regulatory and budget issues
- Assistance in the costing, planning and completion of the works (right through from any structural work to interior design)
- Assistance in selection of furniture and transfer to new premises
Depending on the client's own organisation and objectives, CBRE can act either as general contractor or provide project management support.
Full outsourcing of design and build while guaranteeing the deadline, budget and regulatory compliance
When acting as general contractor, CBRE pulls together all of the resources needed to ensure the entire operation runs smoothly (project managers, space planners, interior designers, consultants, engineers, etc.) and engages all the necessary subcontractors (structural work, air conditioning, electricity, painting and flooring, fixtures and fittings, etc.).
With a project management specialist as a single contact point, CBRE commits itself contractually in respect of 3 major aspects of the project:
- Regulatory compliance: fire safety, electrical safety standards, building regulations (high rise buildings, PAB, etc.)
- Budget: the results of the initial costing become the basis for an overall project cost view
- Deadlines: contractual obligation
CBRE helps clients control risks and ensure the success of their fit out project, with simple, flexible and agile project management.
Professional coordination of the fit out process, retaining all the flexibility of contracting to the client's regular providers
When providing project management support, CBRE manages all the in-house and external providers necessary to ensure that the entire operation runs smoothly (project managers, space planners, interior designers, consultants, engineers, etc.). CBRE also helps clients monitor the construction and fit out works. The client, however, remains responsible for contracting the various suppliers.
CBRE's deploys multi-disciplinary teams tailored to the requirements of each project to help each client build an advantage through its real estate.